This October, we brought back our small group meeting series known as Morning Coffees. The number of attendees varies between 6 and 12 to ensure that everyone has a chance to talk, understand our educational project and methodology better, and ask questions about our concerns. This edition has been a great success, so we will repeat most of the sessions that have taken place this term. Some of these include the “Boundaries” workshop in Nursery, the PYP session on “How to support our pyp students”, or the MYP and Diploma talk on “University Choices, how to decide your future career”.
A revised schedule of topics and times will be offered in the second term, to provide more opportunity for families to attend. Some of the subjects that will be included are:
Here is a preview of some topics that will be covered in the upcoming term:
- Transitioning from PYP to MYP, by Miss Agustina Lacarte, PYP coordinator and Roisin Barbeito, head of MYP.
- Social Media and use of Technology at the school, by our Psychologist Juan Pedro Benitez.
- Languages at St Peter’s, by Jane Mitchell-Smith and Martyn Cooper.
- Adolescence, by our Support Centre team.
- Choosing an itinerary for the Diploma, by our Career Advisor Teresa Ferrer and Xavi Salvadó, Diploma Coordinator.
The “Boundaries” sessions in Nursery, the “Read Write Inc” workshop in Foundation, “How to support our PyP students”, Primary, and “University Choices: how to decide your future career” for MYP and DP will be offered again during the second and third term. If you’re interested in a certain topic, please send us your proposal so that we can organize it.